Here are some steps to take when practicing the virtue of Determination.
- The first and perhaps most important step is to decide what you want to do, or where you want to go with your life and energy. Set your intention. What goal is worthy of great effort? It doesn't have to be a big goal, just one that matters to you. It could be a personal goal such as quitting smoking, or turning an unhappy relationship into a happy one, solving a problem in our lives, or overcoming a financial challenge.
- For me, it begins with prayer and meditation. As Albert Einstein, the great physicist said, "I want to know God's thoughts. The rest are details." Aligning our vision with God's will for us is true spiritual efficiency.
- After you choose a goal, create a clear picture of it. Use the full power of your mind to imagine the goal being accomplished. Some people make a "vision board" with images that represent what they are aiming for.
- Make a plan, with the steps you will take to achieve your goal.
- Take each step with discipline, trust and faith, and finish what you start.
- When you achieve your goal, pause for applause! Celebrate your achievement and give thanks for the help you have received along the way.