1. Grateful People Feel Less Lonely
2. Gratitude Helps You Cope
3. Gratitude Improves Life Satisfaction
4. Gratitude Helps You Sleep Better
5. Gratitude Boosts Your Immune System & Counteracts Depression
Ways to Boost Gratitude using the Virtues Strategies
1. Develop Positive Self Talk with Virtues Language
2. Companion Yourself During Difficult Times
3. Honor Your Spirit with Gratitude
4. Recognize Teachable Moments in Challenging Situations
5. Looking for More Ways to Increase Gratitude?
"An attitude of gratitude delivers physical and mental benefits: focusing on the good things in life can lower stress, improve health, and lead to greater life satisfaction." Mind, Mood & Memory 8.11 (2012): 4+.Psychology Collection. Web. 19 July 2015.
Emmons, R. and McCulough, R. “Counting Blessings Versus Burdens: An Experimental Investigation of Gratitude and Subjective Well-Being in Daily Life.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 84.2 (2003): 377-89.
Lin, Chih-Che. "Impact of gratitude on resource development and emotional well-being." Social Behavior and Personality: An International Journal 43.3 (2015): 493+. Psychology Collection. Web. 19 July 2015.
Ni, Shiguang, et al. "Effect of gratitude on loneliness of Chinese college students: social support as a mediator." Social Behavior and Personality: An International Journal 43.4 (2015): 559+. Psychology Collection. Web. 19 July 2015.